Thursday, February 11, 2016

Bad Dreams and Sleeping memories

Sunday night I had a slightly disturbing dream involving a friend who passed away last year. When I woke up, I looked at the time and calculated the time difference so I could call said friend. It took me a couple seconds and waking up a bit to realize that I couldn't. I wasn't able to sleep after that really. I was a bit shaken, yes, but I was able to hold on to a clear image in my mind of what my friend looked like, how her voice sounded, etc. for a good while after that. Even though the dream was slightly disturbing in that my friend was deathly ill in it, it enabled me to see her again.

I know this is a bit strange, but I've started to cherish such dreams about her and others that I've lost along the way.

In other "news" the weather is still abysmal and I've been singing Rain, Rain Go Away quite a lot with my daughter.


No comments: