Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wednesday has no clever title

As predicted, the weather is awful. We were able to run a few errands before the rain started though. There's a boulangerie (bakery) that has really good "American style" cookies. Occasionally, when we go to the next town over, I'll get us one to share. My daughter loves going and sitting at their little round café tables. It reminds me of when I was younger and my mom used to take me to a tea room. I used to love getting the Italian Cream Cake.
I was a bit older than my daughter is now when we started going, but those memories are still so precious to me. I hope to make memories like that with my daughter like that that will last a lifetime.

http://divascancook.com/italian-cream-cake-recipe-wedding-hummingbird-cake/


I've had the recipe saved for awhile and I will finally make it during Easter break. I'm leaning towards this version from Bake at 350

No comments: